INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORATE
The Industrial Development Directorate is to facilitate the development and growth of a vibrant technology driven industrial sector to make it domestically and globally competitive.
- Lead in the formulation of industrial policies, plans and programmes for national development
- Support the implementation of industrial policies, plans and programmes
- Facilitate the expansion of the production base through strengthening and promotion of existing industries and the establishment of new ones
- Promote the development and growth of the SME sector through improved entrepreneurial skills, technological capabilities and accessibility to credit and market
- Develop standards and quality systems to meet production requirements for local and international markets
- Collaborate with and monitor the operations of organizations providing Business Development Services (BDS).
- Enhance accessibility of BDS to SMEs
- Monitor and evaluate industrial policies, plans and programmes to ensure that the intended impacts are achieved.
Mr. Patrick Yaw Nimo
– Chief Director –