The Human Resource Development and Management Directorate in the Ministry is to facilitate the development (training and re-training) motivation and management of manpower in the Ministry on a continuous basis for the achievement of its goals. The HRD&M Directorate is also to maintain an effective and stable manpower development and management framework and programmes consistent with the Ministry’s needs.
The overall responsibilities of the directorate shall encompass both the development and management of the manpower needs of the Ministry including the following:
- Liaise with OHCS to determine appropriate manpower levels for the Ministry.
- Oversee recruitment, selection and placement of staff in the Ministry.
- Facilitate job inspections, development and review of job descriptions in collaboration with the various Heads of Directorate, Division and Unit of the Ministry
- Manage systems for planning the HR development needs of the Ministry.
- Provide guidance in determining training needs for all categories of staff.
- Advise on preparation of training criteria, methodologies and techniques
Mr. Patrick Yaw Nimo
– Chief Director –