- To create and maintain a data bank of information on the sector for decision-making
- To conduct research into the sector’s activities with a view to removing bottle-necks and enhancing its service delivery standards, and
- To provide a system of feedback to stakeholders, and clients of the sector.
- Research and Statistics Division
The Division is to ensure the collection, collation, maintenance and dissemination of accurate, reliable and up-to- date information/reports periodically in the following areas:
- Foreign Trade
- Domestic Trade
- Research into Trade and Industry issues and produce periodic reports
- Conduct research into the sector’s activities with a view to removing bottle-necks and enhancing its service delivery standards.
- Create and maintain a data bank of information on the sector for decision-making.
Information and Knowledge Management Division
The Division is to ensure the identification and updating of relevant information for policy formulation and decision making. It will act as a focal point for information about the Ministry and provide a system for feedback to stakeholders and clients.
Information, Communication Technology (ICT) Division
The Division is to ensure the assessment and determination of the ICT needs of the Ministry and make recommendations for its provision to support efficient and effective service delivery by the Ministry to its clients. The Division will undertake the following:
- Provide advice and support on ICT issues
- Service, upgrade and maintain the ICT Infrastructure of the Ministry
- Build the capacity of staff through regular IT training
- Ensure the application of ICT in the operations of the Ministry
- Develop a data backup system for the Ministry
- Put in place adequate protection measures for the safety and security of all users and PCs.