The Policy Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate is the nerve centre of the Ministry of Trade and Industry. This Directorate is to ensure the formulation and review of policies, plans, programmes and budgets to cover all activities of the Ministry. It caters for the design and application of monitoring and evaluation systems for purposes of assessing the operational effectiveness of the Ministry.
- Lead the facilitation for the development and review of policies, programmes, projects, plans and budgets of the Sector.
- Responsible for the coordination of the preparation of annual work programmes.
- Monitor the targets of policies, programmes and projects in line with the sector’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the designing and application of monitoring and evaluation systems for purposes of assessing the sector’s operational effectiveness.
Policy Planning Division
The Policy Planning Division is to ensure the initiation/formulation, review and coordination of policies, plans and programmes in the Trade and Industry sector.
- Sector-Wide Budget Division
The Division is to ensure the preparation of the sector-wide budget of the Ministry. It is also responsible for monitoring and assessing budget performance in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Directorate.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Division
The Division is to ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of plans, programmes/projects and policies of the Ministry and its agencies. This would be done in close collaboration with the directorates, agencies and other stakeholders.