Functions of the Ministry
The Ministry's functions are:
• To formulate and harmonize policies that will ensure inter-sectoral collaboration in the implementation of trade and industrial policies both at national and global levels.
• Improve entrepreneurial skills, technological capabilities and accessibility to credit and markets
• To develop programmes and activities for institutional capacity building to meet the challenges of the global market.
• To develop standards and Quality Systems to meet production requirements for local and international markets
• To facilitate the development and promotion of non-traditional Export products.
• To facilitate the development of the production base and Expansion of cross-border trade.
• To collect, collate process, store and disseminate timely and accurate information for stakeholders.
• To facilitate the removal of institutional and legal bottlenecks.
• To facilitate private sector access to capital.
• To ensure that private sector development programmes are complementary and cover broad range of needs.
• To encourage and facilitate the provision of public service by the private sector.
• To facilitate innovation and entrepreneurship.
MOTI is Responsible for
• Policy formulation
• Facilitating enterprise development including Micro, small and Medium
• Enterprise (MSMEs).
• Development and enforcement of standards in trade and industry.
• Promoting and facilitating Ghana internal and export trade with emphasis on diversification and value-addition
• Promoting and facilitating Ghana’s active participation in Global Trade through participation in multilateral and
• Plurilateral institutions as well as champion Ghana’s market expansion drive.
• Facilitating the development of the Private Sector
• Facilitating innovation and entrepreneurship with both formal and informal sectors to enhance factor productivity.
• The Ministry is involved in activities geared towards Production, commerce and creation of gain employment.